SCREENWRITING / SCRIPT DEVELOPMENT / TV STUFF
- Alistair is currently working as a writer on season 4 of ABC’s The Weekly with Charlie Pickering.
- Alistair has written for season 2 of ABC’s Get Krack!n, premiering early 2019. He has also been cast in a recurring role for the show.
- In 2017 Alistair was selected as a participant for the Film Victoria-funded Talent Camp initiative for diverse, emerging screen practitioners.
- In 2017 Alistair completed a Bachelor in Screenwriting (Honours) at the Victorian College of the Arts.
- In 2016 Alistair completed an internship with Village Roadshow, writing script coverage on real feature scripts for their Acquisitions Department.
ARTS WRITING / CRITICISM / CATALOGUE ESSAYS
- Australian art is already funny — we just need to add a laugh track – un Magazine
- Mx.Red – the non-binary popstar from a future queer utopia – lands in Footscray – SBS Sexuality
- Catalogue essay for Chronophobia – c3 Contemporary Art Space
- Greetings from Sunny Perth – Art & Australia
- Exhaustibition: Performing wellness in the arts – Art & Australia
SCREEN CULTURE / AESTHETICS / POP CULTURE
- Narrative prosthesis: how disability as metaphor is shaping on-screen casting diversity – ACMI Ideas
- Why you should give improv a go this comedy season – Junkee
- Why Homecoming Queens’ nuanced portrayal of chronic illness is vital – ACMI Ideas
- Why John Early is the funniest person on TV – SBS Guide
- 10 queer comics who made 2017 their own – SBS Sexuality
- Lavender Scare: queer colour theory and monsters in the closet – SBS Sexuality
HUMOUR / SATIRE / COMEDY
- I’m The Winter Olympics Witch Here To Trap You With My Devilishly Befitting Snow- & Ice-Based Sporting Curses
- ‘Disability Impressions Offensive’ Decrees Meryl Streep To Room Of Award-Winning Disability Impressionists – SBS Comedy
- Open Letter To Whichever Able-Bodied Nerd Hacked My Cybernetic Leg Braces – Ibis House
- Agony Agatha: an Agatha Christie-themed advice column series – Farrago Magazine
- LawSon (Lifesize Cardboard Cutout Of Nigella Lawson) – Farrago Magazine
- ‘Alternative Facts’ Deemed Valid After Peer-Review From ‘Alternative Medicine’ Practitioner
OPINION / MEMOIR / IDENTITY
- Cripple Punk: The hashtag that helped me wear my disability with pride – SBS Life
- The mild eugenic undertones of asking ‘what’s wrong with you?’ – VICE
- My disability helped me embrace my queerness: Re-evaluating masculinity through the gift of weakness – Archer Magazine
- Comedy in a queer bookshop us the safe haven I didn’t know I needed – SBS Sexuality
- How my job at a small company fast-tracked my career – The Cusp
INTERVIEWS / PODCASTS
- Working with Words: Alistair Baldwin – The Wheeler Centre
- Ep 54. Alistair Baldwin on comedy, permission and Milligan – Poetry Says
- Lame Jokes: Disability In Comedy – radio interview for 3CR’s The Boldness
- Episode 19: Nigella Lawson – Churning Out The Chat podcast